About Our Ministry
Naomi’s Ministry is Christian blog designed to provide encouragement, strength and prayer to individuals who are experiencing loss, grief and recovering from traumatic experiences.
This blog site is to encourage, pray and support persons experiencing a wide range of losses that anyone of us may experience in our lifetime. The parting of a special loved one by death; divorce; the loss of job and financial security; the loss of limb(s) or debilitating illness or disease; the loss of a home or opportunity, are all "losses" and at varying degrees, may catapult you into a grieving cycle or traumatic event. However, we may not be on the road to recovery, if the right resources are not available to give us perspective on our feelings and the changes that happens in one’s life when a loss of any kind occurs. We need courage to grieve and to wait before God for the healing that comes, sometimes, one day at a time.
This is "first" a ministry of encouragement:
Know that what you are going through is normal for anyone who has experienced what you have experienced. Knowing how to go through the process, recognizing when you are grieving and seeking the help you may need will aid in the recovery process.
Know that it is okay that you are hurting. No explanations are needed. Admitting that is a first step toward your recovery. Recovery does not mean that you will forget the one or object of your loss. This also does not mean you will not forget the trauma of your victimization. Emotional healing will allow you to live authentically, freely, victoriously in spite of the event. God wants you to have His Victory through His Son, Jesus Christ who won it on the Cross of Calvary for you and I.
Know that you are not alone. Jesus Christ promised never to leave us or forsake us (The book of Hebrews, chapter 13, verse 5). This promise found in the Holy Scriptures is a promise from the Lord Himself that He is always with us, even during our darkest nights. Jesus also said, “I will not leave you comfortless” (The book of the Gospel of John, chapter 14, verse 18).
Know that “The Comforter will come” (The book of the Gospel of John, chapter 16, verse 7). The Comforter that Jesus Christ is referencing is God the Holy Spirit, (part of the triune Godhead). As you call out to God in faith during this time of tremendous emotional and sometimes physical pain, the Lord will send His Spirit to minister to your mind, body, soul and spirit. He alone can heal the hurts of loss, grief and trauma. The Holy Spirit will wipe away "your tears". Jesus "is willing" to heal you if you but ask and trust Him in the process of recovery.
Know one day you will be able to smile again. The sun will shine in your heart again. You will laugh again. You will have more good days to come. The Lord knows the thoughts and plans he has for us (Jeremiah 29:11), even if you cannot see it in the midst of this defining moment. If you will trust the Lord’s plans for you, you will come through this season, whole and able to continue on in your life’s journey.
Search out a safe and Word-filled church home or fellowship, counselor/support group. God’s Word is the answer. Read Psalms 34, 41, 42, 91, 103, 107, 112, 119, 121, 123, 140, 145. Depending on our needs, we may also need some assistance beyond what a blog, book or cards offer. Professional help is available. Pray and ask the Lord to direct you to a place of healing and confidentiality. Check out the resources at your church or another Christ-centered congregation. Please do not grieve alone.
The time for recovery is NOW. Just like you would go to the hospital’s emergency room if you were physically in need of medical treatment, so during high levels of emotional crisis, you should not wait to seek help or assistance. DON’T WAIT TO GET HELP. This is the time to admit that you are hurting and it is okay.
Keep talking to God the Father, the Father of ALL Comfort. He knows your grief and the journey ahead. Also believe that He loves you even when you are sad. This ministry is reaching out to you with Jesus' love. We are praying for your total healing and recovery.
If you are interested in receiving prayer, please write me at: email@example.com. Please do not request money - request prayer.
God loves you. We are praying you will feel His love and comfort every time you reach out to read the messages.
Jesus THE SON OF GOD is Lord!
Friday, February 12, 2010
God bless you. I pray those of you who are located on the East Coast have endured the weather. It is a blessing in disguise. I pray you had an opportunity to get some work done, rest, spend time with family, spend time with the Lord or just read a good book.
I want to encourage you and myself about God's Timing of Deliverance. Yes, I know this is a grief recovery ministry; but this message is apropos to your grief journey. I want to outline key points:
1. God's Timing - We say that with the understanding that God, not us or man determines the time for our deliverance. God opens doors that no man can shut; and He closes doors. I heard a great Bishop say that we should not concern ourselves with the ending of things....some things, relationships and even the time when we have to stop grieiving a loss, must end so we can move forward. Concentrate on the "middle". Not on the divorce or the relationship or the job loss; but concentrate on all the blessings and good that God has done. The bible exhorts us to, "forget those things that are behind and to press forward to those things that are ahead". That is the first step of deliverance. Knowing when a thing is over; knowing when to move on; knowing when to let go and knowing how to let go with peace.
2. God is going to deliver you. I don't care what the devil says, what people say, plan or plot...God is going to deliver you. He is completely trustworthy. Do not put your trust in man, princes, kings or queens. Put your trust in the Lord. He never fails. He never breaks promises. He is always there....As you go through your deliverance process hold on to that by faith.
3. The enemy will try a trick or two to make you believe that you are not going to be delivered. He is a liar!! We are not going to give him any glory on this website. He is defeated and his plans against you and me are cancelled in Jesus name. God is watching everything and they are not "equal in power". God is Almighty. And He will get us the victory in every area of our lives. We cannot be stopped and I want be denied. Speak that today.
4. Rest in your deliverance. Sometimes the enemy will try to disturb your peace as you wait. But I am going to laugh, rejoice on the days that I can do so. When I have to cry, I'm going to do so in prayer and God will dry my tears. And then, back to laughing and rejoicing because this one thing I do know: God is the best chess player I know! Everything will work together for good......
5. God has promised that He will deliver and I have decided to believe that...Do you believe that? Trust Him today for deliverance.
I love you...I just had to write that for my own soul's sake today....God is good, faithful and I know that He loves me. He understands who we are and understands our struggles. He has a perfect plan and it shall come to pass.
Blessings and peace,