A Scripture Verse



Jesus said, "Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted", Matthew 5:5, King James Version (Cambridge Edition)











About Our Ministry

Naomi’s Ministry is Christian blog designed to provide encouragement, strength and prayer to individuals who are experiencing loss, grief and recovering from traumatic experiences.

This blog site is to encourage, pray and support persons experiencing a wide range of losses that anyone of us may experience in our lifetime. The parting of a special loved one by death; divorce; the loss of job and financial security; the loss of limb(s) or debilitating illness or disease; the loss of a home or opportunity, are all "losses" and at varying degrees, may catapult you into a grieving cycle or traumatic event. However, we may not be on the road to recovery, if the right resources are not available to give us perspective on our feelings and the changes that happens in one’s life when a loss of any kind occurs. We need courage to grieve and to wait before God for the healing that comes, sometimes, one day at a time.

This is "first" a ministry of encouragement:

Know that what you are going through is normal for anyone who has experienced what you have experienced. Knowing how to go through the process, recognizing when you are grieving and seeking the help you may need will aid in the recovery process.


Know that it is okay that you are hurting. No explanations are needed. Admitting that is a first step toward your recovery. Recovery does not mean that you will forget the one or object of your loss. This also does not mean you will not forget the trauma of your victimization. Emotional healing will allow you to live authentically, freely, victoriously in spite of the event. God wants you to have His Victory through His Son, Jesus Christ who won it on the Cross of Calvary for you and I.

Know that you are not alone. Jesus Christ promised never to leave us or forsake us (The book of Hebrews, chapter 13, verse 5). This promise found in the Holy Scriptures is a promise from the Lord Himself that He is always with us, even during our darkest nights. Jesus also said, “I will not leave you comfortless” (The book of the Gospel of John, chapter 14, verse 18).

Know that “The Comforter will come” (The book of the Gospel of John, chapter 16, verse 7). The Comforter that Jesus Christ is referencing is God the Holy Spirit, (part of the triune Godhead). As you call out to God in faith during this time of tremendous emotional and sometimes physical pain, the Lord will send His Spirit to minister to your mind, body, soul and spirit. He alone can heal the hurts of loss, grief and trauma. The Holy Spirit will wipe away "your tears". Jesus "is willing" to heal you if you but ask and trust Him in the process of recovery.

Know one day you will be able to smile again. The sun will shine in your heart again. You will laugh again. You will have more good days to come. The Lord knows the thoughts and plans he has for us (Jeremiah 29:11), even if you cannot see it in the midst of this defining moment. If you will trust the Lord’s plans for you, you will come through this season, whole and able to continue on in your life’s journey.

Search out a safe and Word-filled church home or fellowship, counselor/support group. God’s Word is the answer. Read Psalms 34, 41, 42, 91, 103, 107, 112, 119, 121, 123, 140, 145. Depending on our needs, we may also need some assistance beyond what a blog, book or cards offer. Professional help is available. Pray and ask the Lord to direct you to a place of healing and confidentiality. Check out the resources at your church or another Christ-centered congregation. Please do not grieve alone.

The time for recovery is NOW. Just like you would go to the hospital’s emergency room if you were physically in need of medical treatment, so during high levels of emotional crisis, you should not wait to seek help or assistance. DON’T WAIT TO GET HELP. This is the time to admit that you are hurting and it is okay.

Keep talking to God the Father, the Father of ALL Comfort. He knows your grief and the journey ahead. Also believe that He loves you even when you are sad. This ministry is reaching out to you with Jesus' love. We are praying for your total healing and recovery.

If you are interested in receiving prayer, please write me at: jesusislord14@outlook.com. Please do not request money - request prayer.

God loves you. We are praying you will feel His love and comfort every time you reach out to read the messages.

Jesus THE SON OF GOD is Lord!

Shalom.

Sister Birdsong


Saturday, May 23, 2015

Tragedy strikes


Dear Readers,
**Repost**

Hello. It’s sunny where I am, yet in my heart today, it took a long time to feel sunny on the inside. Thank God for His Holy Spirit. His Holy Spirit, God The Spirit, lives in the heart of every believer (Thank you Jesus). I want to thank God that The Holy Spirit sings to us in our souls. Listen to Him. In the deepest, darkest and even unthinkable situations, God will whisper a song, a hymn, a scripture and a “logos”, His Word (Jesus) to you and to me. Listen to His Spirit.
Quiet yourself. Stop crying for a moment and listen to Him.

For the last three days, I have mourned the passing of a very dear one. Her life was very troubled and troubling. She vacillated between serving Jesus and stepping her toe into the things of the world from time to time. I spent an inordinate amount of time reading comments from her writings and was concerned about the back and forth. All I can say is that I cannot judge when I am teeter tottering on allowing “other things” to comfort me except The Word of God, His Spirit and His Way!
I am learning more and more, that I need to cut off worldly media to get my peace in God. We can’t be soothed in our minds, hearts or souls by anyone else but Jesus Christ, The Son of God who is the “way, truth and life. No man comes to the Father except by Him” John 14:6. When I finally said to myself and to the Lord, “enough of this bad attitude, thoughts and heart, get right with God, Verinda” and began to tell the Lord the truth: “I’m angry about this death Lord. I can’t handle it”, then the devil was rebuked and The Lord’s Spirit could be heard (thank God) so I could be transformed in my heart and mind and please God in the way…I was mourning the death of my friend.

Mourning can come in so many different shades. Before this death this week, 3 months ago, I was mourning the death of 4 precious Saints. I was so sad when these Saints went home – all within days of each other (three back to back and two in one day!). I was in shock. Then I said, “Lord, you called them home and I’m glad and they are gladder”. I cried but I was comforted that each one lived long enough by God’s standards “since his days are determined, the number of his months is with you; you have appointed his limits, so that he cannot pass” The Book of Job, 14:5 says. So there was a quicker peace that came in my heart for them. But on the hearing of this death, I got angry, disturbed, asking “why, what happened” and that opened the door for the enemy to oppress my mind. Please don’t follow that example. I was hit by the enemy in my mourning and before I knew it…I was caught off guard in my emotions. It was time to pray through to God and I mean cry out to God with tears and groaning. Follow that example because it was Jesus who I needed to talk to about these angry feelings; not the Internet; not the television and not Facebook.
Now I realize that when any of us hear of the death of a family member, friend or neighbor caused by a disaster, an enemy, or even by perhaps, their own hand (suicide); don’t blame God. We need to say what the man Job said in the Book of Job in the Holy Bible when he lost everything, including his 10 children: “The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of The Lord”, Job 1:21. We don’t know everything in this earthly realm. We don’t know people’s minds, whether they be stable or not. We don’t even know our own hearts the Bible says “The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?” Jeremiah 17:9. So when we experience a tragic death in our family, concerning a friend or a neighbor is dead, let us pray and seek understanding from The One who does know everything, God Himself. Almighty God knows what we don’t know. He will bring peace even if He decides not to enlighten our understanding. We must trust the Lord and keep trusting Him in the midst of trembling, heart-wrenching and troubling grief.

I want to honor the life of this beautiful sister who knew Jesus Christ. Nobody what happened that led to her death, I loved her. I believe she loved Jesus. She was caring, compassionate and full of wanting to be loved and to love. I do not know her last moments in this life but I lay it all in the hands of Jesus. That’s what you have to do when hurting can’t be understood. We have to ask Jesus to heal us, comfort our minds and touch our hearts. We do not want to have “bad grief”. We don’t want to hinder our healing by sinning against the Lord and others because we are sore in heart. We want to stay faithful in Jesus in our actions, words and yes, Lord, in our thoughts. “Lord, please touch my mind and somebody else’s mind right now please Lord, in the name of Jesus”.
Let us grief rightly. Anger can be a part of the grieving process but let us trust God to get us through the stage of anger in a holy manner. Let us sing in the trouble. Let us praise in the grief. Let us reach our hearts out to God telling Him the truth of our trouble which He knows anyway. Let us trust The Lord who promised, to comfort us in ALL our trouble will keep His word to do just that in your heart.

Prayer: “Lord, please help me today. It’s been rough. I am so sad for this dear one who is now gone. I don’t want anyone to leave this world without knowing you Jesus. Please save us from our sins! Please take our lives. Please save our souls so we can live with you in Heaven. This life is wearisome and even terrible some days. The evil is encroaching more and more all around us. But Jesus you have overcome this world. Let me Lord live in this truth in my heart with right actions, thoughts and words. If I believe Jesus that you have overcome this world, then it should change me from within. Change me from within. Help me to deal with trouble YOUR WAY. Help me to rise out of my own ashes of self-pity and anger. Help me to see your beautiful face – You are with me Jesus. Give me a resting spirit in You. Oh Lord do it right now and do it today in the heart of every reader and even their family and even their friends. Thank you Jesus. Please take out of my heart everything that is not like you. Please clean my mind and rebuke the oppression of the enemy who would try to steal my joy in YOU. You are my JOY JESUS. Thank you forever – Verinda

Listen to Jesus: A Scripture Reading - “Jesus Comforts the Disciples – John 14:1-31” New King James Version (NKJV)

Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved. Jesus Comforts the Disciples – John 14:1-27 (Chapter 1, verses 1 thru 27). Retrieved from www.biblegateway.com, May 23, 2015.
The Way, the Truth, and the Life
 1“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

The Father Revealed

“If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”
Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
The Answered Prayer

12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
Jesus Promises Another Helper

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
Indwelling of the Father and the Son

19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”
22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.
The Gift of His Peace

25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment